At Oakley, we offer a broad and balanced curriculum for all children that focuses on the needs and interests of all individuals, building upon their successes and setting challenging targets. We recognise that children’s progress will be at different rates and individual achievement will vary.
We aim to:
- ensure that all children have the opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge that create active, interested and lifelong learners.
- provide a knowledge-rich curriculum for our children.
- provide a variety of exciting, flexible, enjoyable and engaging learning experiences for all children whilst fully implementing the National Curriculum.
- enable depth of coverage and effective sequencing in order to build progression of skills.
- ensure that all children make good or better progress from their starting points.
- actively seek and plan for creative links between subjects to further understanding.
- plan for opportunities to write for real and experienced purposes across the curriculum.
Please click on the link below to see the curriculum coverage. In the 2023-24 academic year, we are following Cycle B: